You have the opportunity to give back to the community with your financial support of the Bridgewater Volunteer Fire Company.
- Annual Operations Donation
- Equipped to Serve Donation (Building Debt Fund)
Click to Donate Today!
Going Forward, Together
Join the Equipped to Serve campaign to retire debt on the new Bridgewater Volunteer Fire Company’s station house by 2018. Our brave firefighers, EMTs and paramedics provide life and property-saving assistance 24/7. Now it’s the community’s turn to help them. Please make a generous contribution. Call today (540) 828-3121
Why Build A New Building?
The new fire station building addressed many serious deficiencies and limitations of the old station house, and has enabled our firefighters to look to the future with confidence and professional pride. Because of great improvements in the new station house, firefighters are able to respond to emergencies faster than ever, and they have adequate space to grab some sleep between calls. Key features of the new building include:
- Bays that accommodate the latest models of engines and trucks and other equipment
- 19-foot bay ceiling, to allow cabs to tip up for maintenance
- Exhaust evacuation system to safely carry engine fumes outside the building
- 33×57-foot training room with video projector. The room, with outside entry and restrooms, can be closed off from the rest of the station for use by community groups such as local 4-H chapters and nonprofit organizations. The Company is now able to host state-funded certification courses.
- Dedicated wash bay for equipment care and maintenance
- 30×30-foot lounge area and kitchen area exclusively for firefighters, featuring a custom wood table crafted by a local artisan
- Six sound-proofed bunk rooms, each equipped for two occupants. The additional rooms can accommodate female firefighters, and can house additional on-site firefighters during times of severe weather and other potential emergency situations.
Please support our brave firefighters by giving to the Equipped to Serve Campaign today. Call now (540) 828-3121